- With its renewable power plants in operation and under construction in locations around Japan, and various other initiatives, RENOVA continues to engage in Renewable Energy Business operations.
RENOVA is committed to reducing
CO2 emissions by 10 million tons* by 2030.
Action for SDGs
- In addition to its solar photovoltaic (PV) and biomass power plants currently in operation and under development, RENOVA has taken up the challenge of developing other innovative power plants which are also highly anticipated in Japanese society, including offshore wind and geothermal power plants.
- A Japanese government policy to increase the percentage share of renewable energy power generation in the country's overall energy mix to between 22% and 24% (formulated by the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy under the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in July 2015)
- Lectures for students on renewable energy
- RENOVA provides opportunities for junior high and high school students to learn about climate change and the utilization of renewable energy.
- Learning about renewable energy at power plants
- For elementary and junior high school students who visit its mega solar power plants for study purposes, RENOVA gives out shitajiki pencil boards (commonly used by students in Japan when writing in notebooks) which introduce the mechanisms involved in power generation.
Coexisting with local communities
- Revitalizing local industry
- Creating local employment opportunities
- Effective use of land
Secondary benefits from renewable energy
(Source: Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc.: The 13497th JPI Special Seminar)
What are the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
The Agenda serves as an action plan for "people, planet and prosperity" and includes a declaration and a set of goals known as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), consisting of 17 goals and 169 targets.
RENOVA's actions towards the SDGs
Goal 4 [Education]
Goal 7 [Energy]
Goal 8 [Economic Growth and Employment]
Goal 9 [Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure]
Goal 11 [Sustainable Cities]
Goal 13 [Climate Action]
Goal 14 [Marine Resources / Life Below Water]
Goal 15 [Land Resources / Life On Land]
Goal 17 [Means of Implementation / Partnerships for the Goals]
JAPAN SDGs Action Platform (external link: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan)https://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/gaiko/oda/sdgs/index.html
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Japan's Efforts for Achieving the SDGs (PDF issued by the International Cooperation Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan)https://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/gaiko/oda/sdgs/pdf/000270587.pdf